Building Heaven on Earth

Building Heaven on Earth

Thursday, March 18, 2010

SUPER Target


I don't know how I got myself out of the house this afternoon. It probably had something to do with there being no food. But I cannot even begin to express how tired I am of Walmart. Whenever I think about going there I just imagine all the stress, all the lack of good service, the crazy looking crazies, and it just makes it impossible to get myself to go there for the LOW LOW prices. My new place is Target. I really love how less crowded, a little smaller and a lot more kept, cozier, and nicer it is. Unfortunately, it is more expensive. Though, let me add that it is not a lot more expensive and if I am careful they have some great sales on food that make shopping there cost me about the same. So when I am dragging my feet to get out my door, the thought of going to Target instead of Walmart helps a great deal.
Though I'm only there for food I enjoy entering on the opposite side. Slowly I'll make my way around, looking at all the pretty things I would like to purchase, and imagine how much cooler of a style I would have if I had the extra cashflow to be more indulgent. I did just buckle and buy myself some sunglasses because my kids did who knows what to my last pair last summer. I'll spend almost two hours at Super Target. I like to sift through the 30-75% racks (though to give you a sense of how cheap I am, I find most of those clothes to be too expensive) and let the kids check out all the new toys. The boys have a good time there, and I get to be a bit of a girly girl (at least in my head), and eventually food gets purchased.
So thank you ST for getting me out of the house, giving me a red hat to try on to feel cool, helping my kids expend energy, and above all providing us with food.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Sara, Aldi's opened today, off of Frankford and Marsh. It's actually cheaper than Wal-Mart and is a pretty neat store! Go check it out!

The Larsens said...

Hey thanks. I saw a commercial for the store but hadn't heard of it before.

The Larsens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.