Building Heaven on Earth

Building Heaven on Earth

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas


Andrew got up four times the night Santa came to our home. Luckily, Santa sneaked in and out without being spotted. Randall got out of the bed first Christmas morning and checked the status of the living room. Not a creature was seen but Andrew's stocking had definitely been ruffled. I got up and could hear three tiny boy voices behind Peter's door. After a quick shave and a haircut knock, I was given admittance. The boys were given the green light to come out and the excitement began.

We took a lot of pictures of everyone opening gifts. I am dumping them on FB because it's easier, so check there for all the fun details. Santa did a good job this year, though Andrew was certain Mouse Trap was not for him because it was a family game. Thankfully, by the end of the day Andrew was in love with the idea of being the sole owner of a "Rube Goldberg". Blake loves his dragon and Peter feels that Santa knew exactly what he wanted. I'd like to thank Target for our stockings. I don't know what I would have done without the dollar section. So awesome.

G&G McBeth provided new suits for the boys. The boys look so dapper we've given them their own titles. Blake is The Brain. Peter is The Muscle. Andrew is The Money Man. G&G Larsen gave each of the boys some sort of art/craft. My boys do something crafty every day without fail, so it was a huge hit. Their Great G&G McBeth gave yoyo's and a new shirt. Their GGp's AMAZE ME! I'm so grateful for the time and love they put into Christmas every year. It's so special.

Randall and I had lovely after-naps. The boys played and played without fail.

And the food! I love me some food! Bacon, eggs, homemade cinnamon rolls, and egg nog for breakfast. Ham, mashed potatoes, fruit salad, and green beans for dinner. Lots of unhealthiness in between.

But the icing on the cake for me was playing Mouse Trap as a family then singing Christmas carols over Skype to my parents.

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Jen Proffit said...

Your boys are so cute and grown up! Glad to follow your blog and catch up :-)

Lisa said...

Super cute pic!