Building Heaven on Earth

Building Heaven on Earth

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Single but married

Randall is in UT for his second week, pounding the pavement, looking for a job. I think he's doing a good job and I'm proud of him. The boys just said bye to him this morning but already miss him. Unless he gets a job this week I am guessing we might not get to physically see him again for another couple of weeks. But it's a little difficult to project what is going to happen with things right now. Why am I blogging tonight? Oh yah, remember. Every night that Randall isn't home I don't sleep well. But tonight I came up with an idea. Instead of laying in my bed watching primetime then shutting things off and going to sleep I would watch my shows while on the treadmill. That way I can get myself nice and tired. Then after I get ready for bed I'm going to read scriptures. Right now I am downloading the audio of the New Testament. I can listen and/or read my scriptures until I'm too tired for wakefulness. Hopefully that will get me into a good sleep cycle and I'll be more restful through the night.
This last weekend the boys and myself were together with Randall for my brothers mission farewell. All in all the best word I could think of to describe how it went was 'perfect'. And it was. The beach on Saturday, church and family and friends on Sunday... perfect. I couldn't be more blessed. And now I'm home in a clean house. Clean! Lovely...though I wouldn't go so far as to call the cleanliness of my house perfect.
So eventhough I am for the time a single married woman, things are wonderful. And hopefully they will increase in blessings as Randall and I work together to give our little family what it needs so we can all be together again soon.

1 comment:

A & M Ras said...

I so feel your pain. Andy did an internship in SLC for two months and we only saw him on weekends. It was so hard to do everything and be everything. I wish I lived closer so I could help you out.