Building Heaven on Earth

Building Heaven on Earth

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

They are SO LOUD!

Could my boys be any louder at this moment? Let's see if the neighboors complain because I kicked them outside.
Anywhoo, I thought I'd type some stuff.
Life is kind of crazy right now for us. Randall is looking for a new job whilst barely holding on to the one he currently has. He just hates his job so much that it's affecting his mood and his ability to just function. So... the job search begins. And though he is searching the nearby areas, he has also applied for a job in Wyoming, Colorado (in two different locations), and Arizona. Can you imagine how much it makes my head spin to think about moving states again so soon? Peter just started school. He has made so many good friends. The way I see things is this: every aspect of my life and my children's lives is fantastic since we've moved here... but my husband is miserable. Isn't that an awful wrench to throw in? I feel so bad for him. And, since I am inextricably connected to him, and honestly his pocketbook, that wrench is pretty big.
So, what does this mean for us? I HAVE NO IDEA! He could find a job here and we could be staying until his parents get home. He could get a job within the month and want to be moving, or in the next few months. Who knows?! I really love it here. *sigh* I did suggest to Randall that if he finds a job in another state that he should go by himself, find a family in the church to stay with, and check out the area and the job for a while before we move the whole family. That doesn't sound like much fun, but I don't want to move so far again only for that not to work out and have to move again. It is so hard to move.
I really do just want Randall to be happy and satisfied with his job and his life. I will move anywhere for him so he can be successfull. He is so smart and clever and quick-witted. He is capable of so much. I don't want him doing some lame job that takes him nowhere and pays so little that we can barely afford to survive so that I can keep living in a WONDERFUL home that isn't mine, in a neighboorhood that though I love, I have not earned.
Randall talked to his awesome brother Kendall, who I am pretty sure always gives Randall exactly what he needs to hear (thanks Kendall), and has come to the conclusion that his first priority should be to get back to a position where he is able to provide for his family in the industry where he is knowledgeable. Then he can look for other things to help him get further. Randall thinks about going to school or changing his career path completely, but Kendall pointed out that those things are very overwhelming to consider when the basic needs for your family are not being met. Very good advice. And, trying not to make this already long blog any longer, I'm probably not giving the full brunt of his advice any justice. Seriously, Kendall and Randall think so similarly that when they talk to each other Kendall just seems to say aloud the things Randall is thinking or feeling in a way that Randall is able to step outside of his situations and look at them more clearly.
And that's where I'll end for now.
*smile*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara, I'm so glad you're back! I didn't know what happened to you. I'm sorry to hear about Randall being miserable. If he finds something he loves doing, the whole family will be happier... and that means you... a person who is infinately happy to begin with! We love you guys!

Loraleigh said...

seriously, we need to talk. i keep thinking about calling you, but i'm lame and i never do. glad things are good/sad that randall's hating work. call me if you get a chance. :)