Building Heaven on Earth

Building Heaven on Earth

Monday, October 19, 2009

I PASSED!






So it has been five weeks since I tested for my AFAA but didn't want to blog about it until Iknew I passed. AND I PASSED! So I can now tell you all.
When I got my job as a group fitness instructor I knew I needed to be certified to teach. They allowed me to start working with just my CPR but informed me that I needed to become certified as a groupd fitness instructor. I was originally planning to wait until January when they are coming to Dallas but a friend of mine, Jess, asked if I wanted to take a weekend trip to Houston and get it done earlier. A roadtrip? With no kids? With a friend? At someone's nice house? With nice food? With no kids? Sign me up!

We got our books to study about a week and a half before testing and crammed! It was hard to find time to study and Jess and I were sharing the materials. But we did our best, kissed our kids and husbands goodbye, and started our four hour drive to Houston. We stayed at Jess' in laws' home. It was beautiful. And boy, they could cook! The testing was in the morning. We got there on time and signed in. We were there for about 9 hours, I believe. They prepped us for the individual written test (100 multiple choice) and the group and individual practical testing. As a group we had to demonstarate a warm-up, a cardio segment, propper weight-lifting technique for each major muscle group, and proper stretching or each major muscle group.

It was quite the whirlwind and with only a week and a half to study I was very nervous that I hadn't passed. But WOOHOO! I DID! And, so did Jess. *smile*
While in Houston we had pedicures done, went shopping, and even went to High School football game (pictures above). Talk about Texas being serious about their football: the stadium was HUGE!
It was just the perfect weekend. Thanks so much Jess. Let's find another excuse to do it again.

1 comment:

Rachey said...

Awesome! Congrats.