Building Heaven on Earth

Building Heaven on Earth

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday=Funday

I lazily stayed in bed this morning for about thirty minutes snuggling with Blake. He came up to my bed and said, "Come up bed. Come up bed." I grabbed him, pulled him up beside me, and got in some cuddles. Since he's been a bit sick he'll snuggle with me more than usual. After I was done being lazy in my bed I began doling out some suprise tickles and stealthily placed peek-a-boos. He has the cutest giggle.
After I finally rolled out of bed I decided it was a good Sunday to make muffins. Randall bought me an oversized muffin pan recently (if you remember pics from my last birthday) and I enjoy putting it to its intended use. Unfortunately, I think I might be the only person that shares that sentiment in this house. Randall will eat the muffins and enjoys them at times but it's not his favorite. The other boys just pick at them. So mostly I will eat a muffin pan of muffins when I bake them and therefore try not to bake them too often.
This morning I made blueberry muffins. I ended up adding too many blueberries (new recipe) and had almost a clean layer at the bottom of the muffins. I thought it was delish. I flipped it upside down on a plate, took out a spoon, and enjoyed the hot gooey goodness.
The morning passed by quickly. I did some dishes, got ready for church, failed at my attempts to have the boys take naps (like always), and made some sloppy joes for lunch with yummy sliced carrotts on the side. The carrotts were almost swallowed whole and though I received high praise for the sloppy joes ("Mom, this is so good. You are now a better cook than Uncle Kendall.") they were hardly touched until threats were flung.
And now to church! The boys were doing really well... and then... Blake threw up. LUCKILY, it is something that we can tell is coming and I got the first bout in his sweater while Randall wisely grabbed a plastic baggie. When Blake satisfied his bodily need of expulsion, Randall grabbed Blake, the baggie-o-puke, I grabbed the sweater, and waved goodbye to Randall and Blake as they went home for the rest of the meetings. I was quiet jealous.
It wasn't until Sacrament meeting was wrapping up that I realized all of my Primary things were still in the car. "Oh well," thought I. Not so much "oh well". Two minutes before Primary started the first counselor leaned over and whispered, "So, we're going to go ahead and give you all of sharing time to practice the songs for the Primary Program." To quote The Wedding Singer: Things that would have been good to know YESTERDAY! But even that heart attack ended up turning out just fine. I came up with a good game that allowed us to get through all the songs with reverence and excitement (a rare and valuable combination that is hardly achieved in room full of children).
After church finished, after my voice had resigned its position, I had choir rehearsal. Our choir is very newly formed (we haven ow had two rehearsals) and the songs are crazy hard for a ward choir. But eventhough I feel completely inadequate as a Soprano, it was really fun. Peter and Andrew behaved themselves and the practice sailed by.
Randall picked us up from church (oh, and yes Blake is fine. Well, fine enough.) and I set to work on another load of dishes and a batch of mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are my most favorite food and I enjoy making them tasty-tasty. I did not dissapoint myself. We took the food and the fmaily across the parking lot to a ward members apt and had a potluck. We ate Pumpkin Brains (that was a new and yummy experience for me) and enjoyed the company. The kids took most of the attention because, well, they're cute... and loud. And cute. That's the second food invite we've had since moving here (not counting family). It was a lot of fun. The home had three large bookshelves with one shelf full of books that I have mostly read and I'm certain I will be borrowing the ones I have not.
And that's my Sunday. The kids are in bed. Randall is watching baseball. Andrew is fighting to never sleep. And now I will work on finishing up the book I have been reading. Adeiu.

2 comments:

Bobvila said...

So glad the boys thought your sloppy joes surpassed Kendall's cooking! : )

Rachey said...

I look forward to when Liam can come ask to cuddle with us.