Building Heaven on Earth

Building Heaven on Earth

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Striking

Tonight we had our ward Halloween Party. It was very fun. We ended up getting there almost thirty minutes but didn't really miss anything. Peter was dressed as a black ninja. Andrew dressed as Ben 10 (a character from Cartoon Network, I believe), Blake was a pirate, Randall was a wizard, and I was Carmen Miranda or The Chaquita Banana woman (whichever.) Peter and Andrew ran around doing carnaval games. Blake more or less wandered. When it was time for Trunk or Treating I took Blake around. It's fun when your kid gets what the whole TorT thing is all about. The first car we went to Blake took the candy and iddn't want to put it into the bag. After the second car he realized he didn't have enough hands to hold the candy and the bag. By the third car it clicked: every car had candy. He was a very polite and excited boy. We went from car to car saying some version of "Trick of Treat" and always said "Thank you" as he attempted to place each candy into his bag all by himself. It was a great time. Randall passed the candy from our car.
I had a lot of "Oh he's so darling. Oh he's so cute. Oh look at him. Arrrrrgh." It's always nice. Though, selfhisly, I will say that the best compliment of the night was directed toward myself. Someone came up to me and told me that if there were a costume contest I would win for Most Striking Costume. I've never heard of such a category but it kind of blew me away to have the work striking used. I had a few people from the ward take pics of my costume (er, I guess of me) so maybe I'll try to get one posted. I took a picture on my phone of Andrew and Peter.
I really wanted to take a family photo when we got home (since we had forgotten to take one there) but Blake threw up in the car. It was quick way to destroy a pleasent evening. It wasn't really suprising, though. But have you ever tried to take apart a kid seat to wash all the parts? Man, his ages seat is so blasted difficult. I was in charge of carrying Blake (still attached to the seat) up the stairs and peeling his clothes off, and getting him washed and dressed and putting the boys to bed. Randall took care of cleaning the car and began the washing machine. Team work! We make a pretty good post-puke team.
So, when all was said and done it really was a great night and I'm glad we were able to participate and enjoy everyone's hard work. There were a lot of great costumes.
Mine was the best.

No comments: