Building Heaven on Earth

Building Heaven on Earth

Sunday, June 13, 2010

My family




I know I should just re-title my blog from Just Us to Just Me because I hardly blog about my family anymore. I am not totally redeeming myself now, either. I couldn't get Facebook to upload these pics today and after hitting my head on the wall for an hour it occurred to me that I could just post them here. WELL DUH! So, this is my family as of today. The last time we took family pics we were all snazzy looking and I thought it would be nice to have a real family photo. So this is what we really look like after getting home from church. Everyone immediately changed out of their church clothes except for Blake and myself. And Blake only stays in the same clothes because he doesn't know how to unbutton his dress shirt yet. I have gone through periods of staying in or changing out of my Sunday clothes after church. Sometimes I feel as if staying dressed helps me remember that it's still the sabbath. Other times I realize there's no keeping up with three boys in a skirt.
I made shakes for everyone and forced everyone outside to drink them. Lovingly forced. So lovingly they might have thought it was their idea. I really enjoy sitting outside on the driveway, I find it very peaceful.
Anyway, while sitting there looking at the hodgepodge Larsen clan I thought, "How perfect. This is the way it really is. This is my life. This is our life." So here we are. Uncensored. No forceful happy faces or, "Everyone smile! Be happy!"
Just Us.

1 comment:

Camille said...

he he your funny.