Building Heaven on Earth

Building Heaven on Earth

Friday, June 4, 2010

Pete-ography












A year ago,
almost, I upgraded phones. Since my old phone was still in good condition I gave it to Peter. I told him it didn't work as a phone anymore but the camera worked so he could use it to take pictures. He has enjoyed having a camera phone so much. He takes way too many pictures to post them all, but I thought I'd post a few. It's funny to see what he chooses to photograph. It's also funny how he'll take one thing and photograph it from many angles. He will also do videos but I haven't even taken the time to watch all of them. Most of his videos are of him talking or laughing or doing something silly. Also, probably a third of his pictures are of himself making all sorts of faces.
Yes, chances are he gets this from me, self-absorbed Mommy that I am. But I don't want to take credit for all of it. Every once in a while he really surprises me. He has a pretty good eye and some potential. It'll be fun when he's a bit older to get him a real camera and teach him how to use it.
This is just an example of how children at such a young age already come equipped with likes and dislikes. As parents we are like spies or detectives, keeping watch, unearthing clues, trying to steer our kids in the right directions so they can find themselves and be pleased with who they are and know who they want to be.
I stress a lot, as I'm sure most of you do, about which activities to put my children in. Between sports and arts and hobbies and and and. Oh, it's hard to figure it out. So I am grateful that sometimes our children make it obvious to us.
Thank you Peter, my favorite Pete-ographer.

No comments: