Building Heaven on Earth

Building Heaven on Earth

Thursday, August 27, 2009

We bought a couch


Check out this kids nostrils. craaazy.

Peter doing his camera magic. Me, sweating.








Isn't Randall handsome... I mean... keep on task, Sara.
So we bought a couch. Wow. It changes the whole feel of our living room. It's more formal than our futon, ack, our futon. Our futon was very functional as we had to sell our furniture in ID to keep us through our unemployed period (in case anyone wondered how we had money, the current lack of worldy possession is one of the answers.)
But we've been in TX now for 6 months and I deceded it was time to have my apartment feel more home-like. (I know, your home is where your heart is, but I don't consider my apartment my home: it's not mine. When I live in a place where I can make my own repairs, then I will call it my home.) Anyway, I went on Craigslist and found this fantastic couch. Yay for Craigslist. We can now seat our entire family. I could actually have someone come over and I can see them when we talk (it's hard to chat with someone when you sitting the same direction.)
So the conclusion is this: most of the time you live and work and save so you can get your house, have a down paymet, pay off debt, biuld your savings, etc etc etc. And sometimes you do things for sanity's sake. Here's to my sanity. I feel I've earned it.

4 comments:

Loraleigh said...

That is a sweet couch. What happened to the ones you bought when I lived with you?

The Larsens said...

mmmm, we sold them when we had no moolah. It was a very sad time. Those couches were just the BEST! They were so comfy. Remember how they took up like the entire living room? We were so silly to buy them. But I loved them. I sure did. And yah, I think it's a pretty sweet couch. And it, as oppoesd to that first set, actually fits in our space.

kmcbeth said...

what did you do with the futon? Do i need to move out there so i can furnish my apartment? I applied for a job in Arlington as an assistant photographer to Hot Topic and Torrid...hummm that would be fun. I love the couch. It looks cool :)

The Larsens said...

The couch is cool. We haven't sold the futon yet, it's in the boys room. Their room is pretty awesome at the moment. If you did move out here soon then you'd be able to furnish your apartment: I have a desk for you, a couch, and a chair. I have that white square organizer in my closet that was your friends you can have, and in a couple weeks I might have more things. I'm happy to hear you're still playing with the idea of coming out here. Have you noticed that I've stopped bothering you about it? I'm so thoughtful. Actually I hadn't realized until just now that I haven't talked about it. I guess you've come and saw everything so it's just up to you now. I've done all I can. hehe